Speaking at ICA, San Jose

ICA

Hey Team,

I’m speaking at the Institute of Contemporary Art in San Jose on May 14th. This is rare for me. Turn me loose talking about artists and technology. Will probably mention the old Blurb sidekick, but it’s really more about using the existing tools to tell the story you want to tell while keying on the creation of original works, which in my opinion is the only reason to use any of the technology. So, if you are around hit me up and stop by.

7 responses to “Speaking at ICA, San Jose”

1. Mike says:

Wish I could be there, Daniel. Break a leg – report back. Using technology instead of being used by technology providers: should be interesting.

Mike.

2. James says:

Just purchased my ticket. Looking forward to this!

3. John (aka Wish I Were Riding) says:

Hi Daniel,

I enjoyed your talk last night. I’m glad you were in the area, and I was close by. I appreciated hearing your thoughts on things. You have the kind of attitude that makes sense to me. My only disappointment was that you don’t have a way for folks to consume some of the work you have done. But I will look at the options available by the other artists you mentioned on shifter.media and Blurb. Anyway, thanks again.

John,
      Very happy to meet in person, and thank you for taking the time. I’ve done a few projects in the past where I put things out in the world, but I don’t often do that these days because I rarely get time to REALLY create work. What I do takes a lot of time, and that is most often what I have the least amount of. Anytime you want to chat just hit me up.

4. James says:

Hi Daniel,

Really enjoyed the opportunity to finally meet and interact with you. Appreciated last night’s presentation especially your perspective on art creation and its’ expression via all technologies. You provided additional considerations I needed to finalize a format I have been recently struggling with. It also gave my wife a better understanding of what I do. How effective was your presentation? On the ride back home, my wife was giving me the serious “third-degree” why I have not yet visited the San Francisco Leica store to look at a Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 !!!
    James

James,
      Stop what you are doing and drive to Leica! Stat!!! Get that “new/old” M2 they are selling while you are at it. I hide my gear decisions from my wife! Thanks for the kind words about last night. I love doing these things.