Blurb Discount

IMG_3293

Hey Campers,

Just got this from Blurb HQ. If you have something in the works then here is a nice little nudge.

The holidays are just around the corner, so we wanted to pass on a little holiday cheer to our friends and family with Blurb’s biggest and best discount of 2014:

30% off with no minimum order.*

Just use the code FRIENDS2014 at checkout before December 11, 2014 and you’re all set to make your own one-of-a-kind books. Celebrate your year, your travels, your family, your successes—anything you want. Make a book as special as you are, and make it with Blurb.

(Of course you’re welcome to share this offer with your own friends and family—let’s keep a good thing going.)

Here’s to a great 2014—and happy book-making!
IMG_3294

14 responses to “Blurb Discount”

1. There’s an asterisk, suggesting a footnote. Was there supposed to be a footnote?

2. Niiiice. Thanks, Dan (& blurb), I’ll definitely use that.

3. Mike says:

Excellent timing for me! Thank you Blurb and Daniel.

Mike.

4. Nice! I was putting together a set of color images to try the Blurb Trade Books after seeing your color book so this is coming right on time 🙂

5. Jarle Vikshåland says:

Hi.
    Great offer.
    Do you have any tips on how to get good results printing black and white.
    I either do dark room printing or digital on Canson papers with paper profiles specific for black and white printing with good results (see Eric Chans epson profiles for details and a very good starting point).
    And I therefore wonder how to treat the images to get as good results as possible in a blurb book.
    If needed I will add little warm tone, but prefer to stay as neutral as possible.

Thanks for two brilliant “blogs”.
    Jarle

Jarle,
      I prep my black and white just like I do my color. As long as you are using a calibrated monitor you should be just fine. There is also a lot of information online. https://support.blurb.com/categories/20072404-BookWright

• Mike says:

Hi Jarle,
      I recently printed what Blurb Bookwright calls a ‘magazine’. Blurb says that Bookwright offerings will look very close to the way they look on the computer screen and I found this to be the case. I am very impressed by both the quality and the price and will be making more magazines.
      Of course I made a test copy to ensure that everything was as required before ordering further copies.
      Hope this helps,

Mike.

6. Jarle Vikshåland says:

Thanks for the advice.
    I will try it out.
    I guess this means mixing colour and black and white in the same book will work fine also.

Jarle

• Mike says:

Haven’t tried it for b&w yet, Jarle, but the colour is very close to my uncalibrated monitor. I made a test copy and I made slight adjustments to about 2 out of 50+ photos. The double page photos are impressive, but if you are adding a caption to them make sure that it doesn’t go across the pages otherwise some of it will disappear into the gutter – as I found out with test copy 2.

Mike.

7. Well … Just placed the order to my second “book” and my first Trade Book in color. I just print for myself but; oh boy is nice to see your work printed!
    Thanks for the code Daniel.

8. Mike says:

Daniel, I got a £50 discount on my order. It’s in transit now from Prague to England. Thanks for the heads-up.

Mike.