Hey, look at me!!

Miami 1407_6104_15_web
This is a stupid action pose I’ve been doing since 1999. It means “Ce lo fata,” in Italian which stands for “I’ve done it.” It’s an inside joke. And yes I’m holding a f%$%$## mobile phone….BUSTED.

For a guy who has been a photographer for a lot of years it is remarkable how few images I have of myself. I use an avatar photo that is at least 14-years-old. No joke. It’s really the only portrait I have. I’ve got some photos I could never show you, but who doesn’t. I’ve done some horrible things and luckily there are some photos that exist of such things.

In fact, I just ran into two people I hadn’t seen in 15 years, and the first thing they said to me was “Hey, remember such and such night?” I cringed, but part of me was grinning and savoring the details of the illicit events that transpired those moons ago.
Miami 1407_6104_16-Web
Just as I prefer to be, out of focus.

But hey, in keeping with the modern “Look at me!” culture I thought I would post a few images of ME just for the Hell of it and because someone sent them to me. I cropped them into squares for no apparent reason.

This is me. If you feel queasy just aim for the bushes. Photos courtesy of AK FOTO.

Miami 1407_6104_18_web
I love this because it makes me look like I have a huge gut. I’ve always wanted a gut but have never been able to build one no matter what I eat. Damnit. That’s not product on my hair, it’s dirt.

19 responses to “Hey, look at me!!”

1. Jason Timmis says:

Soooooo..you ran out of product and dirt was the only thing available?…laughing

Not sure what it is about most photographers. They don’t mind being behind the camera but aren’t too big on being in front out it…and then work hard convincing people it’s okay to be in front of it.

I like to first one BTW. I’d just tell people you where using the light meter app if they want the ‘back story’ 😉

2. David says:

“I cropped them into squares for no apparent reason.”

For some reason I love that line, even if you didn’t intend it to have a more significant meaning. It kind of sums up the state of most photography these days.

Keep on keepin’ on.

3. More Lotaburgers. You still owe me 523 I am sure.

4. Charlene says:

“I’ve always wanted a gut but have never been able to build one no matter what I eat. Damnit.”

My rather ordinary metabolism doesn’t like you. At all.

5. Mike says:

Why am I so soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard?

6. AK FOTO says:

Daniel Milnor ≠ James “Sonny” Crockett!

7. lionelB says:

Some years back in an art class, a female colleague announced that she was going to do a portrait of Elvis Presley in oils ― as you do.

As I watched, no hint of Elvis emerged. Surprising, given his supposed ubiquity after death.

What did emerge, quite unmistakably, was a rather remarkable self portrait.

She plainly had absolutely no awareness of the fact. Sometimes in life, you just keep your mouth shut. I said nothing. I had a deep sense that was one bubble it was not a good idea to pop.

8. Cara Milnor says:

Don’t forget to call mom. Like those white alien eyebrows. Is there a secret message?

9. Leonardo says: