13 Responses to “Trent Parke…again.”

1. Yeah. You should be a fan of his work. It’s great work. He’s the last phototographer that magnum offered membership to that is any good at all. Anybody who came after Parke was crap.
    Philip was right, the modern magnum photos has an inverse Midas touch.

Se la vie.

2. Sean says:

So much information and passion in only two minutes. Wonderful.

I can hear Australia calling me back. It’s been years…

3. AK FOTO says:

Holy Crap! Did you see the size of the accordian book maquette?

4. Really wonderful. It’s great for me to see someone else saying, talking about this thing, this serendipity. I’ve only recently come to understand these things. It can be about the body of work, the portfolio, it can be about refining and building from that accident, that moment of serendipity.

So much of photography is focused on the idea that one should deliberately craft a single iconic picture. Ansel and his damned previsualization.

5. Mark says:

Wow, that was a great video. He has so much energy and enthusiasm for what he does – you can see it in his work. I might have to watch this video a few times…

6. Mike says:

I’m a fan too: I love his b&w work, less so the newer colour; he uses b&w so well.

I’ve never seen an accordion maquette before: how / where can I get one produced?

Mike.

7. lionelB says:

Interesting to see that he doesn’t squint through the viewfinder. His camera is like a dog that follows its master’s gaze.

Must be used to that Aussie sun by now….

• lionelB says:

I mean he doesn’t use the viewfinder when releasing the shutter. He just looks. A tripod thing I guess.

The ‘concertina’ binding, it turns out, is Leporello. A Victorian travelogue technique.