Fade to White

This is my lame attempt at becoming Jeff Frost. Just watch. Closely. It’s an experiment. Cut me some slack, I’m an “artist” now. Oh, make sure you watch it in a dark room, alone and at LEAST a hundred times. Most people see the hidden message somewhere around the 90th viewing. Good luck.

11 Responses to “Fade to White”

1. Harold says:

Like the use of the train “track”.

2. Jason Timmis says:

…..I think we might need prizes for this one ;-)

I’ll stick my neck out to say what I see after two views: ‘how you see your adult life up to this point and where it’s going from here’

3. Sean Breslin says:

Have you been hanging out with David Lynch? (A good thing if you have.)

Actually, a friend used to work with him. This is NOTHING compared to Lynch who is a master of I don’t know what, but whatever it is is……native to HIM

4. I now see this image everytime I close my eyes. Thanks for that!

5. Mark Ivkovic says:

Okay so I haven’t made it to 90 viewings yet but my initial impressions as to the meaning;
    I see a jarring composition and negative b&w, this brings me an abstract uneasy feeling. The figure on the right is close and half cropped, I feel this is a woman and perhaps the other shaow suggests she is having her photograph taken. The sound of a subway clashes against the centre focal point of the car, again a juxtaposition as such. Long shadows suggest to me a feeling of either later in life or Winter. So from this I take a feeling that you are expressing something coming to a close or an end, something that used to be very dear to you but perhaps you became so obsessed with it that it lost it’s meaning. A sort of “life change” the soundtrack gives me a sense of moving on.
    In all despite it’s darkness, jarring composition and metallic sound it doesn’t feel like a dark piece of work. It has some stillness and peace to it.
    I don’t know, that’s just my take and I guess that’s part of the beauty of creating art, you have to be prepared for others to “see” a different story to the one you wanted to tell.

Mark,
      That is exactly right, or at least I think it is. Art means different things to different people. For me that was a somewhat dark piece just due to my state of mind at the time, but was also a window into a bit of hope.