Picture Perfect: Chloe Dewe Mathews

Came across this video online and thought I would give it a share. I love looks into the creative process and mindset of other creatives walking the streets of the world and this film is a good example of such story. Her projects are intriguing, her work is intriguing and the filmmakers do a nice job putting it all together. Hope you enjoy.

Picture Perfect: Chloe Dewe Mathews from Incase on Vimeo.

15 Responses to “Picture Perfect: Chloe Dewe Mathews”

1. Larry says:

Thanks for pointing this out. Interesting to see how she worked and the images as they were made. Illustrates a point you have made often; it takes time, effort and some courage to make work that has this sense of accomplishment.

The shift from first impressions to engagement and familiarity is an interesting one. Places change of course but so does our relationship with them. Chloe radiates calm and her images feel spacious. Also interesting. Not sure that I have a theory of that.

I think the energy you put off when working is very much felt by those you engage with. Good, bad or indifferent, sometimes we are being read like a children’s book.

3. Sean says:

That was so inspiring.

I have a project in the works starting this summer and watching a younger fellow Brit travelling the world shooting what she’s interested in and telling stories has really got me motivated.

Her photos were wonderful of course too.

4. Mike says:

Thanks for the link, Daniel; I have seen some of Chloe’s work before so it’s good to get the back story.

Mike.

5. Jason Timmis says:

Another great & interesting one. She is certainly a very smart and intuitive person….very much ‘in touch’ and it shows in her work.

Thanks for sharing!