Manifesto Magazine Goes Live

(CLICK THIS SMALL ICON PHOTO + RED BUTTON TO LINK TO THE MAGAZINE)
Hey Friends,

I wanted to officially release the first issue of Manifesto Magazine. I created this magazine as an outlet for personal documentary photography. The first issue, which honesty has some warts, is filled with ONLY my work. I did this not for egotistical reasons but rather because I knew the first issue might have a few bugs and I didn’t want to make these mistakes with work that wasn’t mine. The first issue is 88 pages, all black and white, although the page backgrounds, and cover, do include color(dark blue by the way, not black). The idea behind this publication is very simple, showcase personal work the way the work was intended to be seen, in depth and over as many pages as required.
Issue One is titled, “M Life” and covers my use of the Leica M camera over roughly fifteen years and seven different stories.
With subsequent issues I will be showcasing work from other photographers as well as my own, and I will also be showcasing some advertising from a few of my selected partners. I think I have a good theme and range of work for issues two and three, but keep in mind I’ll be looking for work for future issues. Again, it MUST be personal work, nothing commercial. I am also planning to show other forms of art, creativity, in combination with photography, as well as interviews and reviews.
Also, Manifesto will be sold in an edition of 100 copies. So, if you are interested, pick one up and let me know what you think.

68 copies left as of this morning…..

36 responses to “Manifesto Magazine Goes Live”

1. Aaron says:

Oh, and I may be the first one to order it.

Support good art.

2. Suzanne Revy says:

Looks like a promising magazine, Daniel, but I can’t get the “buy issue” button to work???

Suzanne, sorry, should have linked that. Click on the title of the post and it will take you into the actual post. Under the small photo of the cover, in red, it will take you to Magcloud. Sorry.

3. Just placed my order!!! Can’t wait!

4. Smogranch says:

I thank everyone for ordering…I’m hoping I meet your standards and hope that some of you will submit for future issues.

5. Ordered a copy as well. Looking forward to it!

6. Stacie says:

I ordered one too. 🙂

7. mike says:

super stoked to get it in the mail.

8. Ibarionex says:

Ordered a copy yesterday. I look forward to seeing the work in print. Best of luck with this new endeavor.

9. Great site, Daniel! I am an avid M-shooter and a Leica dealer in Toronto.. I ordered the Manifesto! Looking forward to receiving it!

Jeff,

I hope you enjoy it and please let me know your thoughts. And in Canada no less! One of the countries that Magcloud ships to. I’ve had folks in Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia not have any luck. Bummer.

Thanks for picking one up. Keep in mind I’m looking for work for future issues.

• George Balle says:

“looking for work….” any specific theme?

George, only that the work is personal work. It could be published, etc, but I’m looking for work that was done because the photographer needed to do it, more than someone else assigning it.

• Glad to be your Canadian supporter! How does one best submit images for future issues? Looking for stories or singles too? Keep up the good work, and long live the Manifesto! 🙂

Jeff,
      Stories, but the submit process I’d like to do through the community feature on my site, which will soon allow you to upload images. When that is ready to go, I’ll send out a note. Until then, if you haven’t signed up, it’s free, go for it.

10. Karen says:

Ordered my copy– can’t wait to see it

11. Suzanne Revy says:

Received mine today, Daniel. It looks great… looking forward to reading everything, and really studying it. Good job!!

12. mike says:

Got mine today. Holy smokes. Love it.

13. Karen says:

I’ve been looking and re-looking at my copy for 2 days now. Every time I pick it up, I find something I didn’t notice before. Really, really great work!

wow, thanks for saying that. I’m really glad you like it. I think issue two, when I can actually clear my plate and get to it, will be really solid

14. Got mine in today! Came in the door and it was there waiting for me….Love it! Nice opening as well

15. Super cool and close to your heart. Congratulations, Dan. Can’t wait to see what you do next.